Thursday, March 17, 2011

Follow Me! (and blog stats)

If you are reading this right now and are NOT one of the ten people who is already following my blog, go follow me RIGHT NOW!

I want to know who you are. I know you are out there. I know you read my posts. It's real easy. If you have a gmail or yahoo account, you can be a follower. So you really don't have any excuse, because everyone has a gmail or yahoo account.

I'd really like to know my audience. Yes, I can see how many "hits" each page gets, but it doesn't tell me who. I want this blog to grow. And it won't grow if I only have 10 followers. All that means is that you have subscribed to my blog. It might even let you choose to be alerted when there is an update.

So mosey on over to the right side of the screen and click the "Follow" button.

And while I'm at it, I really appreciate those of you who comment(which is mostly my besties Gita and Mariah). Even if you don't have anything important to say, it makes me excited to get comments. It's like getting a letter in the mail. Who doesn't like that? So, if you like something on here, tell me. If you try a recipe and have a comment, tell me. If you have any questions about a tutorial, or about our construction, ask me.

I will reply, but you won't get it sent to you unless you are a follower and you check the box "email me follow up comments". Otherwise, you will never see my reply unless you go looking for it on that post. I can respond at length to your comment if you are a follower because I can get your email from that. But only if you are a follower!

It's also totally weird and awesome to get comments from random strangers who find me from "blogland". We are our own community. We have to support each other. It's totally crazy to see that someone google search a topic and stumbled on my blog and they live in Germany, or Australia, or Japan! How cool!


















Click on the above, or here's an enlargement of the countries:

















By the way, I don't know anyone who lives in these countries, so that kinda crazy. Many times they find me by searching for tutorials or images of "cane chairs" or something else. That's my most hit blog post. When I was redoing that chair, I relied on google and other bloggers for help, so it kinda cool if I am helping someone else. I never commented on those blogs, but now I wish I had to let them know how helpful it was.












Here's a sample of what key words were searched to land on my blog. "Cane chair makeover" is number one. Strangely enough, "wes hare" was a search that lead to me, and that's my brother. Not sure how that happened. Maybe he knows. I don't think I've mentioned his name(and I don't call him Wes), or my maiden name. So that one is a mystery, but there is a connection there nonetheless. And the last one "Honda"....not sure about that one either.

I'm not a very mathematical person, but I am very visual, so I love these stats. I find it very interesting.

And there are PIE GRAPHS!

























Windows still dominates the market(at least with my folks), but I love that I've seen Firefox grow in popularity. It's almost beat out Internet Explorer. It's about time. Internet Explorer is the suck. Completely. Firefox temporarily stores all your windows and tabs for when Windows freezes(yes, I admit it), and restores them all when it comes back on. You never lose a page you were reading.

So, if you actually read this whole post, you probably found the stats interesting too. And I hope you are my follower now.

2 comments:

  1. Allison,

    I've been following for a year or so. Your updates get sent to my RSS reader.

    Keep up the work, seems like you are making good choices in life - and you put out good content so it's an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...