Friday, January 11, 2013

Put a Pin In It

You know those tomato pincushions that all the stores sell, and everyone has, and are just plain ugly.



I couldn't have that.

I needed a cute one.

Enter Pinterest.

After seeing so many wonderful inspirations, I narrowed it down to this one.















It looked simple enough and I had tons of fabric scraps from years past.  I just needed a clear tutorial to stitch it together.

This was a great tutorial for the log cabin quilt pattern.
http://www.equilters.com/library/logcabin/easy_log_cabin_part3.html

Starting with a square center, sew one piece at a time to the center square, stopping to iron it flat after every added piece.

The picture in the link shows this better than I'm explaining.

I didn't take pictures during.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

Here's my final piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...