Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to share some 4th of July festivities. Every year since, before I can remember, my family has met up at my grandparents lake house. The attendance changes every year now that all the cousins have grown up and gotten lives and jobs. But it's always fun when a lot of us can make it up there for the long weekend.

It was Lucy's first trip to the lake. I wondered how she would do with a big house to roam around in, 3 other dogs, and huge yard with no fence. As far as we know, she didn't have any accidents in the house. She played until exhaustion with her cousins. And when they went outside, she mostly stuck by their side.

Warning: this is a picture heavy post. Full of the highlights of our weekend. I don't think there is a single picture of myself. Funny how that works.

Here are some dog highlights:













Big ol' Alf with Lucy's little pink bone:





My mom thinned out her mom's jewelry. We went through the huge bag to see if there were any goodies for the taking.



I think my cousin, Daria, found her "Official Lake Earrings":



I think we did this a day early, but we had fun making flashlight pictures at dusk over the lake(in lieu of sparklers).













It says "July 4" if you can't tell.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...